Posted on December 5, 2012
On March 22-24 in Washington, D.C., ADAO is hosting our 9th Annual International Asbestos Awareness Conference, “The Asbestos Crisis: New Trends in Prevention and Treatment.” Each year, the conference program includes beautiful tributes to victims of asbestos disease, with beloved photos and heartfelt messages written by their families and friends. View the beautiful 2012 ADAO Family Tributes (starting on page 44) today for ideas and inspiration.
HOW TO SUPPORT ADAO AND HONOR THOSE YOU LOVE
This year, consider publishing a Family Tribute page in the 2013 conference program in honor of your loved one who has lost their life to asbestos-related disease or is currently battling an asbestos disease. Your family’s tribute page will not only honor your loved one, but also support ADAO’s efforts to eliminate asbestos-related disease. With a donation ranging between $100 and $1,000, your family can publish a full-page, 1/2 page, or 1/4 page tribute in the 2013 conference program.
WHAT DOES ADAO DO WITH YOUR DONATION?
Your generous donation to ADAO will support the organization’s education, advocacy, and community support efforts, which include:
- Hosting the Annual International Asbestos Awareness Conference, which bring together patients, physicians, researchers, educators, and public health advocates to discuss updates on the prevention, detection, treatment, and global advocacy of asbestos-related disease
- Presenting at conferences and events throughout the world, including Yale University’s Global Health & Innovation Conference; the United Nations’ Rio+20 Conference in Brazil; and French National Association of Asbestos Victims’ (ANDEVA) “International Day of Asbestos Victims” Conference in France
- Publishing patients and families’ “Share Your Story” submissions to honor those whose lives have been devastated by asbestos-related disease
- Hosting virtual candlelight vigils throughout the year via ADAO’s “Light a Candle” website to provide an opportunity for individuals to honor loved ones who have lost or are currently fighting a courageous battle with asbestos-related disease
- Distributing monthly eNewsletters to a network of 20,000 with up-to-date information about asbestos-related events and news
- Updating ADAO’s website, which highlights asbestos-related news and events and houses extensive educational resources, including an Asbestos Video Library of conference videos and educational presentations
- Hosting U.S. Congress staff briefings
- Coordinating Global Asbestos Awareness Week to raise public awareness about the prevalence of asbestos-related diseases and the dangers of asbestos exposure
Thank you in advance for submitting your Family Tribute in honor of your loved one. Your payment and the 2013 Program Family Tribute Form are due by Friday, February 22, 2013.
Linda Reinstein’s Social Networks
ADAO’s Social Networks