FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ): http://ow.ly/mwfiq
BLOG: ACTION NEEDED: Invite Your U.S. Senators to Attend ADAO’s 4th Congressional Briefing, July 11 http://j.mp/14gWYsT
RSVP FORM: http://bit.ly/10nGDlH
Posted on June 28, 2013
The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) is proud to announce that our fourth Senate staff briefing, entitled “Asbestos: Impact on Public Health, the Environment, and the Economy,” will take place on Thursday, July 11 from 12 to 1 pm in Washington, D.C. ADAO will honor our longtime tradition and dedicate our briefing to Mesothelioma warriors Janelle, Debbie, and their families.
Regretfully, this briefing is open only to Senate staffers, not to the general public.
ADAO needs YOUR help!
Follow these two simple steps to ensure that your U.S. Senators attend our briefing:
- Click here to find your two Senator’s DC office phone numbers. It’s easy – using the dropdown box on the top left to sort by states.
- Call your Senator using the script below
We are thrilled to be a resource to the U.S. Congress and grateful to our ADAO community and sponsors who have united their voices to make us the largest non-profit organization dedicated to preventing asbestos exposure to eliminate disease.
We are honored to welcome the following panel of experts:
- Dr. Richard Lemen, Former Assistant Surgeon General, United States (ret). ADAO Science Advisory Board Co-Chair — Epidemiology: Understanding How Asbestos Causes Diseases
- Dr. Raja Flores, Chief of Division of Thoracic Surgery, The Mount Sinai Medical Center — Treating Mesothelioma and Other Asbestos-Caused Diseases
- Tom Laubenthal, Technical Chief, The Environmental Institute — EPA (TSCA) and OSHA Regulatory Framework and Concerns
- Ellen Patton, Mesothelioma Patient — A Patient’s Mesothelioma Journey
- Linda Reinstein, President and Co-Founder, Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization — Asbestos Exposure throughout the U.S.: Imports, Natural Disasters, and the Chemical Safety Improvement Act (S. 1009)
Call and invite your two U.S. Senators to the ADAO staff briefing using the script below:
My name is XX, I’m a resident of XX (state).
I’m calling to make sure that Senator XX’s health and environmental staffers received the faxed invitation to the asbestos luncheon briefing on Thursday, July 11th from 12-1pm.
The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization’s briefing will address the impact of asbestos on public health, the environment, and the economy presented by a panel of experts.
IF STAFFER DIDN’T RECEIVE IT:
I’m sorry. That was our error. I have a link to access the online invite for you: http://ow.ly/myAlD
IF STAFFER DID RECEIVE IT:
Do you plan on attending? We have limited seating and have a catering headcount due on Friday, July 5.
It’s really important to me that Senator XX’s health and environmental staffers receive this invitation. State your own personal reason.
Every voice counts, and every action makes a difference.
Thank you to the following ADAO community members for taking action and calling your U.S. Senators:
- Cortney, MI
- Ellen, MD
- Heather, MN
- Marilyn, PA
- Erika, IN
- Ann, OR
- Jennifer, CA
- Mindy, IN
- Amie, IN
- Kate, IN
- Carrie, IA
- Ellen, CA
- Amanda, IN
- Charlene, NJ
- Michael, GA
- Jamie, IN and TN
- Andrea, IN
- Rebecca, AR
- Wendi, AL
- Herman, MD
- Kim, IN
- Heather, PA
- Yvonne, KY
- Ann, OR
- Mary, VT