Friday, July 5 is Action Mesothelioma Day in the UK. Organizations throughout the country will host events to raise awareness about mesothelioma and remember those who have lost their battle with the disease.
At a number of these events, participants will release doves and balloons as a poignant symbol of the countless individuals and families who have been affected by mesothelioma. June was a difficult month, as we grieved the loss of Debbie, Janelle, Helen, and Colin, but I encourage the ADAO community to join us in honoring their memory and moving forward in strength by supporting the UK’s Action Mesothelioma Day.
Tragically, Great Britain has one of the highest per capita rates of mesothelioma in the world. Join ADAO in showing your support for the UK’s annual Action Mesothelioma Day by sharing information about the day or donating to one of the numerous organizations hosting Action Mesothelioma Day events, some of which are listed below.
- Asbestos Support West Midlands Event
- Bristol and Beyond Asbestos Family Support Balloon Release
- Derbyshire Asbestos Support Team (DAST) Service
- Greater Manchester Asbestos Victims Support Group Public Meeting
- Independent Asbestos Training Providers’ (IATP) Balloon Release
- London Hazards Centre: London Commemoration Service