May 26, 2015
The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) is pleased to announce that we will be presenting at the European Asbestos Forum (EAF) on May 27, 2015 at the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky in Amsterdam. Conference speakers will discuss: Technological Development, European Policy, and Asbestos Awareness.
Dr. Richard Lemen will deliver the conference keynote speech “High-risk occupations: the need for prevention,” Tony Rich will present “Asbestos stripping in the USA,” and I will present in the Plenary Session “Asbestos: Shattered Lives and Broken Dreams” and in a general session “Asbestos: The Human Cost of Inaction.”
ADAO is looking forward to advancing one of our core missions of preventing asbestos exposure to eliminate deadly asbestos-caused diseases.
- Yvonne Waterman PhD, L.L.M. – Owner of Waterman Legal Consultancy; Conference Organizer
- Marcelis Boereboom M.Sc., Opening Speaker – Directorate General for Employment at the Dutch Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment.
- Dr. Richard Lemen USPHS (ret.) Ph.D., M.S.P.H. – Keynote Speaker – Retired Assistant Surgeon General of the United States of America and Retired Acting Director of NIOSH
- Joris Gribnau M.Sc. – Technical and Commercial Director at Shield Group International
- Ruud Janssen – Owner and Director of Asbestsanering Het Zuiden B.V.
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Kraus – Professor for Occupational Medicine at RWTH Aachen University and Director of the Institute and Out-patient Clinic of Occupational Medicine at the University Hospital RWTH Aachen
- Linda Reinstein – President/CEO and Co-Founder of the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization
- Mark Wit B.Sc.- Project Manager Asbestos Survey and Consultancy at Oesterbaai
- Tony Rich – Industrial Hygienist and Owner at Asbestology LLC
- Harry Vonk – Asbestos Trainer and Owner of Teamplayer
- Hans van der Wart Msc, MBA, Bsc – Group Director/CEO Shield Group International
- Daniel Maranger LL.M.- Head of Business Run-off at Munich Re.
- Dr. Herm Zweerts – Asbestos Consultant at the Environmental Division of ARCADIS
- Lydia E.M. Charlier – Lawyer at Beer Lawyers
- Professor Nico van Zandwijk – Director of the Asbestos Diseases Research Institute (ADRI), IS Professor of Medicine at the University of Sydney
- Christian Lahnstein LL.M. – Member of the European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law at Vienna
- Arco Engelen – on behalf of the Dutch Social Partners
- Professor Gert van der Laan – Temporary WHO Consultant in Asbestos-Related Diseases and Chairperson of the International Commission of Occupational Health SH Rural Health
- Mark Winter – Training Manager/Product developer at SMH Products
- Wayne Williams – IATP Director and owner of DMW Environmental Safety
- Barry Robson – President of the Asbestos Diseases Foundation of Australia
- Nick Garland – Director and Owner of Assure Risk Management
- Nicola Pondrano – Secretary of the Italian Trade Union CGIL in Casale Monferrato; Co-Founder of AFEVA; and Chairman of the Italian National Fund for Asbestos Victims
- Gonzalo Zufia – President of the Spanish Asbestos Removal Contractors Association
- Dilan Yesilyurt – Occupational Health and Safety Institute of the Republic of Turkey
ADAO is honored to be a part of this amazing line-up of presenters and proud to be a conference sponsor!