Asbestos is still lethal, legal, and in thousands of homes, schools, and consumer products.
Thousands of people die each year from asbestos-related diseases, but because our federal toxic law is broken, millions of pounds of asbestos continue to enter the United States. Worse yet, the public has no real way of knowing which companies are importing asbestos, or what products it goes into because asbestos imports are legal and not regulated.
The asbestos lobby is working hard to keep this deadly substance coming into the country and to keep its whereabouts a secret.
We urge Congress to:
- Vote NO on “The Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act (S.697) as written. We need TSCA reform that will “ensure the EPA quickly take action on asbestos” and not preempt States’ rights.
- Vote YES on the “Reducing Exposure to Asbestos Database (READ) Act”
- Vote NO on “Furthering Asbestos Claim Transparency (FACT) Acts”
It’s time to:
- REFORM the broken Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) of 1976
- STOP all imports of asbestos
- GIVE its victims the justice they deserve
We need you to take action right now and stand up for the thousands of Americans who are victimized by this lethal substance each year.
Send your letter to Congress and urge them to reform our broken federal toxic law, stop all imports of asbestos, and give asbestos victims the justice they deserve.
Be creative. Be Bold. Be actionable. Be LOUD. We must push for an asbestos ban NOW! Enough is enough.
Please contact me with any questions, concerns, or innovative ideas.