At ADAO, we know that there is only two ways to end mesothelioma and the other asbestos-caused diseases is – prevention and a cure. So, on September 26th, ADAO, along with patients, families, and concerned individuals throughout the United States will unite for Mesothelioma Awareness Day, in a community effort to increase asbestos awareness, protection, and promote a global ban on asbestos. Every year, approximately 3,000 Americans die from mesothelioma. ADAO is dedicated to increasing the awareness and honoring those hundreds of thousands of asbestos victims and their families. During September ADAO will be participating in a slew of asbestos advocacy events including the annual Miles For Meso 5k run in Alton, Illinois, our weekly asbestos awareness Twitter Chats, and our new RAISE YOUR VOICE || #ENDMeso campaign.
As we refuel our efforts to ban asbestos and find a cure, the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) encourages you to join us for this month of awareness, advocacy, and community. Here are five ways you can help and raise your voice!
- Share Your Story with ADAO about how you or your loved one has been affected by mesothelioma. Each of our stories brings our community closer together.
- Light a candle in hope, honor, and remembrance for our beloved Mesothelioma Warriors on September 26, 2013.
- Read and share Heather Von St. James’ powerful blog “Dying to be Heard for Mesothelioma Awareness Day.”
- Donate to Heather’s team.
- Send your letter to Congress urging Members to stand up for AMERICANS and BAN ASBESTOS!
I am incredibly proud of the mesothelioma community, as well as strangers across the world, for joining together to support Mesothelioma Warriors and raise awareness about asbestos and mesothelioma.
Together, change is possible
Mesothelioma Awareness Events: