Posted on September 23, 2018
September is Mesothelioma Awareness Month, with Mesothelioma Awareness Day quickly approaching on September 26.
The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) is doing as much as we can to take action during this special month. We participated in the 10th Annual Miles for Meso 5k run/3k Fun Run-Walk, we are hosting our 13th Congressional Staff Briefing, Flying a flag over the capitol on Mesothelioma Awareness Day, staying active on social media, and much more.
We encourage you to participate in Mesothelioma Awareness Month by joining ADAO in taking action. Here are a few ways how:
- Sign and Share the Ban Asbestos Now petition: On September 26th for Mesothelioma Awareness Day, ADAO will deliver the petition in person to Congressional Leadership.
- Share Your Story: We encourage you to share your story to bring light to the world of asbestos caused diseases, to both strengthen our community, and to show why this lethal carcinogen must be banned NOW.
- Stay Social: You can stay social this Mesothelioma Awareness Month by sharing our 30 facts for 30 days about asbestos and mesothelioma, using the hashtag #BanAsbestosNow and #EndMeso
- Twitter Chat: On Mesothelioma Awareness Day, September 26, ADAO will be hosting an #EndMeso Twitter chat from 12:00 – 1:00 pm ET. Check here for how to get involved!
- Call your members of Congress and invite them to our briefing. Tell them you have a story to share and you want them to hear from you. Call this number: (202) 224-3121 and ask to speak to your members of congress in order to invite them to ADAO’s 13th Congressional Staff Briefing to discuss asbestos.
- Donate to ADAO to help our education, advocacy, and community support efforts. ADAO is an independent nonprofit dedicated to preventing asbestos caused diseases. We rely on donations to help fuel our work, such as the 13th congressional staff briefing and much more.
Together, change is possible.