Posted December 31, 2020
The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO), a proven leader in preventing all asbestos-caused diseases, is officially accepting monetary sponsorships for the 2021 year.
Asbestos kills nearly 40,000 Americans each year. The fact that asbestos, a known carcinogen, is still legal and lethal in the United States is a travesty, and our small team has worked tirelessly to earn a seat at the table with public health policy lawmakers to address this deadly issue. We actively participate in labor, public health, and environmental coalitions, and continue to act as a trusted resource for the media who report on asbestos-related news.
ADAO is an independent 501(c)(3) certified nonprofit organization founded in 2044 and based in Redondo Beach, CA. We exist to prevent consumer, environmental, and occupational asbestos exposure through education, advocacy, and community support initiatives.
Our community is made up of more than 50,000 people, including medical, scientific, labor, and occupational safety and health professionals, government agencies, NGOs, victims of asbestos-related diseases such as mesothelioma, and their families. We also continue to be a sought-after resource for the media as they report on asbestos-related news.
There are various levels of sponsorship to join at, and ADAO utilizes the most current, cost-effective means to communicate more information to more people. 2021 Sponsors can leverage ADAO’s social media and digital expertise for collaborative marketing efforts, on top of being able to cultivate relationships with ADAO’s circle of victims, experts, and concerned citizens. Sponsors benefit from official recognition before, during, and after our annual conference; we highlight our sponsors during our yearly “Global Asbestos Awareness Week,” which reaches hundreds of thousands of people; during our monthly newsletters; through our frequent community-building events; within our blogs; and within our social media messaging through 2021. These are just a few examples of ways we work to enhance our sponsors.
ADAO is working to make the world a safer and healthier place for us all. Our sponsors are the true heroes who make this work possible, especially during this trying time, and we are grateful for your consideration. If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Linda Reinstein, ADAO’s CEO/President. Below, you will find some of our core objectives, which we hope you will join us in accomplishing.
2021 Core Objectives:
- Pass the Alan Reinstein Ban Asbestos Now (ARBAN) bill in Congress.
- Organize our 16th Annual Asbestos Awareness and Prevention Hybrid Conference to take place early fall
- Advocate for health-protective regulation of asbestos-containing talc in industrial and consumer products
- Hold EPA accountable to Judge Chen’s recent decision compelling the agency to require reporting by companies importing and using asbestos under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Ensure the EPA evaluates the risks of asbestos legacy products in homes, schools, and workplaces under TSCA as required by the Ninth Circuit decision
- Hold EPA accountable if their final risk evaluation for asbestos does not implement the recommendations of their own Scientific Advisory Committee and the scientific community while we continue to advocate for a health-protective evaluation
- If EPA regulates asbestos under TSCA based on its risk evaluation, advocate elimination of all ongoing asbestos uses.
We look forward to 2021, and accomplishing our goals!
Together, we can make change possible.