Posted on September 7, 2015
It’s undeniable: social media has reshaped how people around the world communicate with one another. In my most recent guest blog for the UK Safety and Health Practitioner (SHP) entitled: “Taking Asbestos Education to the Digital Streets”, I explore the impact Twitter has made on our community’s efforts to promote public health and safety. Specifically looking at ADAO’s newest online Twitter chat campaign, we have been able to unite the voices of victims, health practitioners, government agencies and more in a productive virtual conversation about asbestos issues.
It’s so easy to join the Raise Your Voice | #ENDMeso campaign. Each Tuesday, the global community will gather for Twitter Chats from 12 – 1 pm ET. In case you missed last week’s chat, you can follow the conversation by reading David Cant’s Storify blog.
Remember, Mesothelioma Awareness Day is on September 26th. While promising research continues, prevention remains the only cure for mesothelioma and other asbestos-caused diseases.
As we know, together change is possible.
Past ADAO Guest Blogs for Safety and Health Practitioner (SHP):
- “Taking Asbestos Education to the Digital Streets” by Linda Reinstein (07 Sep 2014)
- “Asbestos: Saving lives through prevention” by Linda Reinstein (09 Oct 2014)
- “Asbestos and Mesothelioma Awareness are Circling the Globe” by Linda Reinstein (04 Sep 2014)
- “Asbestos Scare in U.S. Capitol is a reminder of America’s failure to act” by Linda Reinstein (28 Jul 2014)
- “Asbestos: Prevention Remains the Only Cure” by Linda Reinstein (12 Jun 2014)