Posted on August 3, 2014
I am very excited to be presenting at the XX World Congress on Safety and Health at Work 2014, August 24-27, in Frankfurt, Germany on behalf of the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO).
This history of the World Congress is impressive. In 1955, the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the International Social Security Association (ISSA) organized the first event which was held in Rome.
It was an honor to present at the 2011 World Congress held in Istanbul. It is an absolute pleasure to join forces again at the world’s largest event for the international occupational safety and health community. This year, an estimated 4,000 experts from 84 nations will gather to discuss the latest information about protecting workers’ occupations safety and health.
As the 2014 World Congress motto states, we are: “Sharing a vision for sustainable prevention” which characterizes the three main topics that will be addressed by the Technical Sessions of the Congress:
- Prevention Culture – Prevention Strategies – Vision Zero
- Challenges in Occupational Health
- Diversity in the World of Work
I will be joining the following speakers for the “Asbestos in the Americas” symposium:
1) Dr. Eduardo Algranti (chair+speaker), Brazil
2) Dr. Julieta Rodriguez-Guzman (moderator+speaker), United States
3) Dr. Vilma Santana, Brazil
4) Dr. Guadalupe Aguilar Madrid, Mexico
5) Dr. Georg Johnen, Germany
6) Dr. Laura Van den Borre, Belgium
7) Dr. Paul Demers, Canada
My presentation will cover “Progress and Challenges in Increasing Worker Safety and Mitigating Asbestos Exposure in the Americas.” Check back for updates and photos.
Together, we ARE making a difference.