Posted on May 30, 2023
The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) is thrilled to participate once again in the highly-esteemed exhibition organized by the International Mesothelioma Interest Group (iMig) and the French Cooperative Thoracic Intergroup (IFCT), taking place from June 26th to 28th, 2023 in the vibrant city of Lille, France. With distinguished conference chairs, Pr Arnaud Scherpereel and Pr Jan van Meerbeeck, at the helm, this conference promises to be a transformative experience for all attendees.
The iMig 2023 conference will bring together multidisciplinary experts, showcasing the latest advancements and discoveries in mesothelioma research and management. Through a diverse range of engaging sessions, including workshops, plenary sessions, oral abstract presentations, and poster sessions, attendees will have ample opportunities to connect with leading scientists, researchers, and patients and their supportive associations. These interactions will undoubtedly inspire fresh ideas, foster research collaborations, and pave the way for transformative projects. Education and community are two pillars of ADAO’s work, and we are honored to participate in this purpose-driven exhibition.
Building upon the achievements of past iMig conferences held in various global locations, including Paris, Boston, Cape Town, Birmingham, and Ottawa, we are proud to continue the tradition of excellence. The iMig 2023 conference aims to surpass expectations by offering cutting-edge research and fostering collaboration within the mesothelioma community.
We extend our sincere gratitude to the iMig 2023 organizers for their tireless efforts in making this event possible. Pr Arnaud Scherpereel, iMig 2023 Conference Chair and President, alongside Pr Jan van Meerbeeck, Conference Co-Chair, and Pr Virginie Westeel, IFCT President, have worked diligently to curate an exceptional program and provide an unparalleled platform for knowledge exchange and collaboration.
ADAO leadership will have the honor of speaking at iMIG in France. The program takes place from June 26 – 28. Additionally, there are some great informational lectures and workshops you can attend. See details down below!
- Monday, June 26, 8:45 AM — Dr. Arthur L. Frank will give an opening keynote, “The Global Mesothelioma Epidemic and Control Strategies in 2023”.
- Monday, June 26, 12:00 PM — Andeva (National Association for the Defense of Asbestos Victims, France) and Abeva (Belgian Association of Asbestos Victims) will be hosting a discussion and box lunch
- Monday, June 26, 2:15 PM in Room 2.3 + 2.4 — Focusing on Patients’ Experience: Improving Mesothelioma Patients and Relatives Management. Chairs: Dan Sterman, USA; Linda Reinstein, ADAO; Robert Rintoul, UK; Philippe Astoul, France
- Tuesday, June 27, 2:20 PM — Dose CT Scanning to Detect Early Malignant Mesothelioma in an Occupational Cohort, Dr. Steven B. Markowitz
- Tuesday, June 27 at 7:30 PM — iMig Gala Dinner – Lille Art Museum (Palais des Beaux-Arts) Including iMig Medals & Awards
If you are attending the conference, I am eagerly looking forward to meeting you in person. If you cannot make it, rest assured that we will provide you with a comprehensive report on all the discussions and topics covered. So, mark your calendars for the 16th International Conference of the International Mesothelioma Interest Group (iMig 2023) in Lille, France. Join us in celebrating the progress and achievements in mesothelioma research and management while connecting with esteemed experts from around the globe. We eagerly anticipate your presence at iMig 2023, where transformative breakthroughs await us all. Together, we make change happen