Posted August 26, 2015
Each Tuesday during the month of September from 12-1 PM ET, ADAO will be hosting #ENDMeso Twitter Chats where victims, experts, advocates, and concerned citizens can connect, share, and spread asbestos awareness. Each one-hour Twitter Chat will feature a topic or question of particular importance to asbestos aawareness that will be discussed by our Twitter community, sparking a global conversation about the dangers of asbestos.
ADAO needs you, the voice of the victims and the concerned citizens of the world, to join in this conversation and bring asbestos awareness to light! Currently in the United States, we are witnessing one of the most crucial moments in Toxic Chemical reform and it is the closest we have been to an asbestos ban since 1989. We need your voice, your heart, and your thoughts to raise awareness and build support to end this man made tragedy, especially at this defining historical moment. Join in by tweeting your thoughts to our topic of the day and responding to other participants. Be sure to use the hashtag #ENDMeso and connect with ADAO on twitter at @Linda_ADAO! Our first Chat will take place on Tuesday, September 1st and begin with “How has asbestos or mesothelioma impacted your life?”
See below for your official invitation and details for the month of September Twitter Chats. Thank you for your support!
You’re Invited to LIGHT UP TWITTER with ADAO September Tuesday Twitter Chats!
|WHO:||Global mesothelioma and asbestos communities of Warriors, ADAO supporters, scientific experts, unions, and concerned citizens|
|WHAT:||ADAO September Tuesday’s Twitter Chats|
|WHEN:||Tuesdays in September, 12:00 PM EST – 1:00PM EDT
|EXAMPLE:||Read how #Asbestos and #Mesothelioma has Impacted our Lives Time to #ENDMeso http://bit.ly/O115Pc|
Tips, Tricks & Directions
- If you don’t have a Twitter account, today is the perfect day toopen one!
- Once you are logged into your twitter account, locate the search bar at the top right hand corner of the homepage. Type in “#ENDMeso” to view all tweets in the Twitter Chat. From there, feel free to “Reply”, “Retweet”, “Quote”, or “Favorite” Tweets you see in the chat and engage in the conversation.
- Another tool is Tchat.io:
- Sign in to Twitter. Be sure your Twitter privacy settings allow anyone to see your tweets.
- Enter the URL “tchat.io” in your browser (or clickhere to be taken to that URL).
- Enter “#ENDMeso” in the box on the screen, and click “Start Chatting”
- Click on “Sign in to get an in-page tweet box” just below the white box, then click “Authorize App” on the next screen to login to Twitter. You’ll then be redirected back to the tchat.io page. From here, you can follow the conversation in the feed and reply, retweet, quote, or favorite tweets from the twitter chat.
Sharing facts and stories with the Twitter community will help increase awareness and action regarding asbestos and asbestos-related diseases. Make your voice heard and join the conversation!
Together, change is possible.