Posted on July 14, 2017
On August 1, from 12-1 PM ET, ADAO will be hosting a #WLCD Twitter chat, where victims, experts, advocates, and concerned citizens can connect, share, and spread asbestos awareness. During this hour-long Twitter Chat, ADAO will tweet a series of questions about awareness and personal experiences with lung cancer, sparking a global conversation about this deadly disease and the dangers of asbestos. We are so excited that Bill Couzens of Less Cancer, an incredible organization focused on prevention, will be joining this Twitter Chat as a moderator.
Here are the questions we’ll be tweeting out to guide the discussion:
- How has lung cancer changed your life?
- What is your favorite lung health tip?
- What are you doing to raise awareness for World Lung Cancer Day?
- What should people know about lung cancer?
- What challenges have you faced after being diagnosed with cancer?
Join in by tweeting your answers to ADAO’s provided questions and responding to other participants. Be sure to use the hashtag #WLCD and connect with ADAO on Twitter by following @LessCancer and @Linda_ADAO!
See below for more details on how to participate in the Twitter Chats.
Together, change is possible.
|WHO:||A diverse community of asbestos and lung cancer patients, activists, advocates, and experts.|
|WHAT:||ADAO World Lung Cancer Day Twitter Chat|
|EXAMPLE:||Read how #Asbestos and #LungCancer has impacted our lives and #ShareYourStory http://bit.ly/O115Pc|
Tips, Tricks & Directions
- If you don’t have a Twitter account, today is the perfect day to open one. It’s free!
- Once you are logged into your twitter account, locate the search bar at the top right hand corner of the homepage. Type in “#WLCD” to view all tweets in the Twitter Chat. From there, feel free to “Reply,” “Retweet,” “Quote,” or “Favorite” tweets you see in the chat and engage in the conversation.