Posted on July 1, 2019
ADAO 16th Annual International Asbestos Awareness and Prevention Conference
“Where Knowledge and Action Unite”
April 3 – 5, 2020
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
From medical experts to mesothelioma victims, trade union leaders to lawmakers, and activists to loved ones, ADAO’s annual conferences have hosted more than 300 speakers since 2005. This distinguished group – which includes experts from 15 different countries – has gathered every year for the past 15 years to speak about our joint efforts in asbestos education, advocacy and awareness.
ADAO is the only U.S. nonprofit that organizes annual conferences dedicated to preventing and eliminating asbestos-caused diseases.
Conference Event Schedule
FRIDAY, April 3
Capitol Tour and Congressional Meetings
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
SATURDAY, April 4
Continental Breakfast (included)
8:00 AM – 8:30 AM
April 16th Conference Schedule:
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Session I: Progress and Challenges from the Frontline
- Session II: Medical Advancements: Diagnosing and Treating Mesothelioma and Other Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Session III: Prevention: What Is It? Where Is It? What Do I Do?
- Session IV: Global Ban Asbestos Action
- Session V: Art, Advocacy, and Academia
ADAO Awards & Recognition Dinner (included)
6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
SUNDAY, April 5
Unity and Remembrance Brunch
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- $175.00 Friday Community Event, Saturday Conference and Awards & Recognition Dinner, and Sunday Unity Remembrance Brunch: Patients, Caregivers, and Students
- $450.00 Friday Community Event, Saturday Conference and Awards & Recognition Dinner, and Sunday Unity Remembrance Brunch: Professional
- $100.00 Awards & Recognition Dinner only
Marriott Hotel Reservations
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, 2800 South Potomac Ave, Arlington, VA, 22202.
The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO), a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, does not make legal referrals.