Posted on August 27, 2015
VOLUNTEERS and STATE LEADERSHIP TEAM (SLT)
Plain and simple, ADAO needs active volunteers to carry out our mission and achieve our goals. As ADAO grows and grows, we think it would be great to have people to coordinate and communicate with volunteers within States within various regions. In June, ADAO launched the STATE LEADERSHIP TEAM (SLT) with over 50 volunteers whose mission is to serve as a resource for the media, state, and national lawmakers. Heather Von St. James (Minnesota), Ann Samuelson (Oregon) and I, Marilyn Amento (Pennsylvania), will serve as the regional coordinators for the team. You can find our list of SLT members below.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of ADAO. Here are five easy ways you can help ADAO.
- Letter writing and phone calling to each Congressperson so we may to finally obtain an asbestos ban in the United States. Tell Congress to oppose the following bills unless they are amended to include an asbestos ban:
- S. 697 – named after the late Sen. Frank Lautenberg
- S. 357 and H.R. 526 – Furthering Asbestos Claim Transparency (FACT) Acts
- Share Your Story: Stories of asbestos victims matter and are shared with Congress. Stories show that each asbestos victim has a face and is not just some statistic. The more stories, the better. We still need stories from Alaska, Delaware, Kansas, Maine, Missouri, North Dakota and South Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia and Wyoming. View the Share Your Story Collection.
- Twitter Tuesdays in September: Intimidated by Social Media. The best way to overcome the intimidation is to jump right in and Get TWITTERpated! Get a Twitter account. Follow @Linda_ADAO and me, @MaresyDotes54. Get yourself some followers and spread the word!! There will be a new topic each week for 1 hour where we hope to saturate Twitter and be a top trending topic. Be sure to Tweet your Congress representatives, local legislators, your town council, your Governor, etc. Read and share our blog: #ENDMeso Tuesday Twitter Chats – Join the Global Conversation for #Mesothelioma Awareness and Action.
- Mesothelioma Awareness Day is September 26. However, ADAO is raising asbestos and mesothelioma awareness during the whole month of September. We have 12 graphics, which we’re going to share on Facebook and Twitter. When you see the graphics posted, please share/retweet (RT) and ask your friends to do the same.
- Fundraising – Please click here to send donations.
Volunteers are the “wind beneath our wings”, our lifeblood, the cog in the wheel of ADAO. We’re counting on you to keep up the good work!!
ADAO’S STATE LEADERSHIP TEAM
|Marilyn Amento, Director,Eastern Regional Team||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia.|
|Heather Von St. James, Director, Midwest Regional Team||Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota.|
|Ann Samuelson, Director,Northwest Regional Team||Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, Montana, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington.|
|California||Heather Nash and Luci Sapienza|
|Florida||Vida Sheffield Hargrett|
|Louisiana||Tina Sanchez Melford|
|Maryland||Mike & Jessica Mattmuller|
|Minnesota||Heather Von St. James|
|Montana||Center for Asbestos Related Diseases|
|New Hampshire||Robert Patient|
|New Jersey||Bonnie Anderson|
|New Mexico||Charles R. Perea|
|New York||Mark Wells|
|North Carolina||Courtney Hissong|
|Tennessee||Wendy Gans Roberts|
|Vermont||Mary Elizabeth Esposito|
|West Virginia||Missy Dorsey Bowles|
ADAO State Leadership Team