Updated on July 31, 2022
2022 Conference Info | Registration | Agenda | Speakers | Friday “Asbestos: Art, Advocacy, and Action” Festival | Saturday Academic Conference | Saturday Honorees and Keynote Speaker | Sponsors | Meet the Speakers Blog Series | Conference Video Library 2006-2021|
ADAO is proud to present its yearly Academic Conference, held during ADAO’s 17th Annual International Asbestos Awareness and Prevention Virtual Conference on Saturday, September 17th, 2022 from 9am to 4pm ET. We are excited to highlight the many asbestos prevention advocates and experts as we gather to promote awareness and action during this year’s events.
The conference will be held at Emory University and streamed via Zoom to audiences across the globe. Our yearly conference is a place to come together as a world-wide community and feature these expert speakers, victims’ stories, and art advocacy movements. ADAO is the only U.S. nonprofit that organizes annual conferences dedicated to preventing asbestos exposure and eliminating asbestos-caused diseases. See this year’s schedule below.
FRIDAY, September 16 — 10:00 am – 2:00 pm ET
- Asbestos: Art, Advocacy, and Action Festival and Candle Lighting
- David Boraks, Live Andrew Schneider Memorial Lecture
SATURDAY, September 17 — 9:00 am – 4:00 pm ET
- Session I: Progress and Challenges from the Frontline
- Session II: Medical Advancements: Diagnosing and Treating Mesothelioma and Other Asbestos-Related Diseases
- David Boraks, The Andrew Schneider Memorial Lecture – pre-recorded and streamed globally
- Session III: Prevention: Legacy Asbestos: What Is It? Where Is It? What Do I Do?
- Session IV: Global Ban Asbestos Action
SATURDAY, September 17 – 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm ET
- ADAO Awards and Recognition Ceremony Presentations-pre-recorded and streamed globally
See the full list of speakers and read their bios on our 2022 AAPC website!
To register and keep up with the latest conference updates, visit ADAO’s 2022 AAPC Landing Page. Check out our 2022 invitational video which also shares highlights from last year’s AAPC. And watch presentations from Previous AAPCs here.
Our work is made possible by our generous 2022 sponsors and donors. Thanks to our 2022 Platinum Sponsor; Simmons Hanly Conroy, Gold Sponsor; The Gori Law Firm, and Silver sponsors; Bailey & Glasser, LLP and Early, Lucarelli, Sweeney & Meisenkothen. Stay tuned for more information about our speaker lineup, dates, and registration!
We cannot wait to come together and work towards a safer tomorrow.
Together, we are making a difference.